Morsekode is looking for a graphic designer with a passion for creating award-worthy work. You draw upon your empathy to build communications that result in emotive brand connections. You know why Helvetica is important. You can articulate the meaning of color and how it all fits into a grid. You are fearless of tough business challenges and relentless in your pursuit of surprising, break-through solutions. And you execute these solutions consistently across a variety of tactics with a smile and a killer playlist. If you just read your bio, we’d love to chat.
A strong alignment with and proven demonstration of Morsekode's core values:
- Driven. High Standards. High Belief. We are relentless in our pursuit of excellence and celebrate it when we arrive.
- Collaboration. We win as a team. It takes a village to generate an award winning idea.
- Communication. We listen and we connect at all levels, at all times.
- Problem Solving. Creatively. We are constantly curious and always determined to find new solutions.
- Positivity/Genuineness. We look for opportunity in every challenge, because we care.
- This is a full-time, exempt position, reporting to an Associate Creative Director/ Creative Director (ACD/CD).
- Regular travel is not expected for this position.
- The Designer career path within the Agency may begin as a Jr. Designer, and typically progresses to Sr. Designer, and potentially to Associate Creative Director. As a passionate visual creator, you take business needs and product requirements and transform them into user-focused intuitive communications. As a strategist, you harness the latest technologies and techniques to change the way we visualize, conceptualize and express ideas across all mediums. Due to the fast changes in this sector, you'll need to keep your skills and knowledge fresh. Recognition of your contributions can come through increased compensation, new assignments and potential promotion to upper level roles.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Morsekode is a modern creative agency. We create brand, digital and content solutions through our strategy, creative and production capabilities. Our people are our most valuable asset. Collaboratively, we compose ideas that grow business.
- Support creative team and/or lead conceptual and design projects from concept to completion across brand, digital and content mediums.
- Support and/or lead design direction and creative vision with design solutions that maintain, improve and enhance work across all mediums.
- Articulate and present design concepts, layouts, elements and finished solutions internally and client facing.
- Hone and master your skills in typography, color, layout and pixel perfect design, keeping your finger on the pulse of emerging technology and relevant trends that support your design solutions.
- Ensure that all concepts, designs and finished solutions are prepared for production needs in all mediums.
- Participate in and/or lead creative design critiques.
- As a Designer, you respond quickly to actionable feedback from Sr. Designer, Creative Director and client(s) with creative solutions rooted in sound design principles.
- Stay current with market trends to help ensure that visual and design solutions are timely and appropriate to targeted markets. Study competitors' materials in an effort to understand their strategies. Make suggestions on how to improve the Agency's approach.
- Collaborate with other Designers, Creative Directors, Art Directors, Copywriters, User Experience and Client Strategy teams to design and/or improve design for all mediums.
- Plan, collaborate and or lead photo/video shoots with other creatives and clients.
Qualifications and Skills
- Associate's degree or two-year program in digital design, graphic design, graphic arts, fine arts, or graphic communications; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Completion of specific coursework preferred, such as design principles; page layouts, type settings and creation of other design elements; drawing; painting; color theory; digital media; computer technology (e.g., animation, 3D-modeling software); Web programming; computer graphics software.
- Considerable experience in design or advertising agencies. Equally comfortable in Web, video and print design projects.
- Experience working in a communications/design environment, particularly with experience in healthcare.
- Superior knowledge of current design trends and techniques, with a strong portfolio.
- Working knowledge and experience with the Mac operating system.
- High level skills in the Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
Please, no phone calls. Due to a high amount of interest, we may not reply to all applicants.
If you have checked off this list of qualifications, send your cover letter, resume, and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org